Monday 18 June 2012

The Weekend after

Cheers - not sure how happy we look though!
We have been talking about the highs and lows of the week and I will be writing about those soon but for today just post trip news -  and I have started to review what I wrote during our trip and sort out the photos in the post I wrote on the trip.


It has taken me a week to feel able to stay up after a day a work and start to do something else. The weirdest bit about last week was the feeling of jet lag that we had all last week ( that is the only way I can describe it ).  Neither myself or the captain felt pain in our legs which might be a surprise - we did however feel very tired and a bit of anti climax. 


That did not stop us going out for two short rides this weekend. Saturday saw us take the SS Galaxy out for a spin. Rather windy but dry and pleasant. Sunday saw us take our own bikes out - riding on my own for the first time in a looong time... My bike felt strangely light and and wobbly compared to SS Galaxy. I admit to not really feeling in control to begin with but got better over the time we were out. It did make me realise how glad I was to have been on a tandem for the 900 miles and not on my own bike. It might be harder to get up hills but it does not put as much pressure on my hands and shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment