Monday 4 June 2012

Day 3 Gloucester to Warrington

Today it has been dry hoorah!! Still a bit chilly though - long trousers and base layers needed. Stunning countryside in the Heart of England. Ian area overlooked because most of us only see it from a motorway. I really should have taken more photos. Oh and the captain decided to throw away those horrible shorts- he had worn them for the previous 2 days!!

At 216 pm today our 4th grandchild arrived - a girl and that has kept our spirits up on what has been a tough day.

A long day again not sure we can keep that up but we'll see
Legs definitely starting to feel it but I think my years eight students will be glad I'm still alive!!! One of them told me the trip would kill me....

Into the mental game now and need not to think of distance... Bum on saddle- hurts!!
Time elapsed- 12 hours
Distance - 122 miles
Dinner at 1015 pm ( not good ) and not enough sleep being had.
Today was the easiest day according to the captain... Well it was in terms of terrain not in terms of how long it took.

Need some sleep for tomorrow as it really is a big day for cycling... We have the pleasure of Shap.

Oh and I nearly forgot the other exciting thing that happened today... I had a retweet on twitter by Graeme leSaux

No comments:

Post a Comment