Sunday 29 April 2012

A Wet Weekend of Training

So here we are less than 5 weeks away from starting our 950 miles journey from and its getting pretty scary. The Captain has told me with confidence that the ride will undoubtedly be in the top 2 most painful things I will ever experience and that he will never experience my top most painful experience - that of childbirth ( I will say that I can't actually now remember that pain so I'm not sure that's a good comparison and we do have 4 children .... ). So its fair to say that I am starting to feel a bit worried......isn't the Captain supposed to motivate his crew???

Anyway, this weekend should have seen us do our longest ride yet. Sadly due to the weather conditions in the South of England, the organised ride we were due to take part in today in the South Downs was cancelled.

We did manage a short ride yesterday and again today in a two hour window of opportunity when the rain went off at 3pm. This included cycling through puddles that came up to the peddles and nearly getting blown off in the last few hundred yards of our ride - all fun and perhaps good preparation as who knows what weather we may encounter on our trip ?

Next weekends adventure is a trip to the Isle of Wight... lets hope the weather improves.

No comments:

Post a Comment