Sunday 22 April 2012

Rest and Recovery

Very light training this weekend, mainly due to having grandparent babysitting duties to attend to, but we did need to recover from last weekends effort ( well I did ...... )

Despite it only covering 20 miles on Saturday and 30 today, we did break our record average speed.... so we managed to average 17mph for 30 miles and it felt good  - apart from when I nearly landed on the floor at a set of traffic lights - that would have been the Captains fault. It is his duty to keep me safe at all times and he nearly failed there.

This week I have been told that I should rethink being called the Stoker to Rear Admiral. Well,  I did notice though that the Captain ( of the good ship Galaxy - yes I think the tandem needs a name -  might rethink that too if anyone can come up with a better name? ) needs a new pair of cycling shorts.... being the Stoker I get to admire his rear quiet a lot ( or not as the case may be) and his cycle shorts were rather see through today....come on Captain get a new pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment