Sunday 15 April 2012

New Forest Wiggle Sportive

Today started with a 5.30am alarm... it was at this point we both had cause to regret the eat all you can Chinese at 9.30 pm last night scoffing 3 plates of food in 20 mins followed by bed...not a good nights sleep.

Still we had to get to Brockenhurst in the New Forest for 7.30 am registration.

It was my first sportive and I can honestly say I've not seen so much lycra... being a female stoker there was quiet a lot of testosterone about too!!

We were the only tandem to be seen when we started and our start team were not really interested in us.

No friendly hellos or smiles but lots of comment to Captain Scott that I wasn't pedalling...well I'd like to see them try and like...we've never heard that one before!!!  It only made me chuckle more when we passed some these lycra clad heroes on long level roads and sometimes up hills.

Best bit of the day was making it up a 25% incline without getting off when lots of others had to and when we got home realising that we had averaged 16.2 miles over the 84.66 miles ( my longest ride to date)

Certainly feeling more confident about the whole lejog but I still know its going to hurt.

Worst bit, the captain hunting down cyclists up ahead in the last 5 miles and being under dressed...the blue skies fooled us...and the wind was extremely chilly!!!


Here's our route and stats......
Untitled by sjscott21 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment