Sunday 27 May 2012

The final countdown

A weekend of stunning cycling weather saw us do two short cycle rides in readiness for the 916 miles of cycling that we will start on the 2nd June.

Nice uneventful ride on Saturday with stunning views of the Thames.


Today we had a very quiet ride with Peter and Nik from the team to Henley and back via Remenham hill. We had several car incidents today... Impatient drivers at 8 am and just general bad driving near cyclists.... Perhaps it's the weather ?? Who knows.. Certainly hope we don't encounter much of that next week.

In the last week people have been asking if we're ready? And how I feel about the challenge?
Well I'm a bit excited and looking forward to it. At the same time am I ready??? Well we've done lots of training but I suspect most of the team apart from The Captain are seriously underestimating the pain we might encounter over the 8 days of our journey... As he told me ' it will be the second most painful thing I'll ever do' that does worry me slightly.
I feel ready... Will we do it... Time will tell

No comments:

Post a Comment